Wednesday, November 5, 2008

ACTION?!?! part II: Wherein God Tells Me To Shut Up


"His master replied, 'Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master's happiness!'" -Matthew 25:21

If I get one more answer to a complaint, worry, or question, I'll go crazy. Time to admit that my questions are just a smokescreen for my own reluctance to get up and start obeying. If I pretend that I don't understand than I don't have to actually act on anything... but now I stand with no excuse.

Lord, help me to be faithful with the few things that you have given me - with the boring and bland, all the daily sacrifices that seem to add up to nothing much, every moment of obedience that never seems to equal revolutionary trust... give me faithfulness as a college student with nothing more radical to give to but a research paper and some relationships.

"Wherever you turn, to your right or to your left, you will hear a voice behind you saying 'This is the way. Walk in it." - Isaiah

No comments: