Friday, November 14, 2008

It's the Process, Stupid

A + B = C
Turn L on Route 16, second house on R
Laundry washed and folded.
Completed papers due on my desk at the beginning of class.
"Welcome to the 4000fter club"
complete, finish, end, finale, wrap up, destination, goal, final, conclusion, purpose meaning reason

Everything I do is so that I can be done. Everything I do is so that I will win. So that I will have accomplished something. Everything is centered on the finish line, on the completed product, on success, on what will happen at the end.

The end doesn't matter.

"I am not leading you to An End, I am leading you to Me."

Maybe I will never be "successful" or "complete" important things. Maybe I will not see the "finish line" that I want to imagine. Maybe all that He is calling me to is Himself. And right here, right now, halfway up the trail, the research incomplete, with the "end result" nowhere in sight, He is telling me that he is here.

And since He is here, then I need to be here, as well.

No comments: